Wednesday, November 12, 2014

New York City Views From Royal Princess

It's been some time since I made the last blog post, so call me lazy. Photos from our recent repositioning cruise gives me reason to get back into blog mode. In the next few entries, we'll take a different look at NYC, then on to St. Thomas / St. John, Antigua and Aruba and views of the ship.


 Above is the NYC skyline with Governors Island in the foreground.


Here's a slightly different view of the same. That's New Jersey waaay in the background.


 Governors Island in the foreground, Ellis Island in the background.


 The Red Hook Terminal with Brooklyn in the background. Not a lot of shipping commerce happening at the terminal today.


 Big boat or little boat, either is OK with me. Being aboard most any ship makes me happy.


 And just where am I taking all these photos from, you may ask? We're aboard the Royal Princess.


That not so busy Redhook Terminal I mentioned a few photos ago is actually loading human cargo onto Royal Princess.


 Compared to the tiny sailboat, Royal Princess is gargantuan.


 Secured alongside, but not for long. We have places to go.


 A parting view of the Manhattan skyline as the sun slowly sets.


And we close with the sunset on Lady Liberty.

We're not finished with New York just yet. In the next posting I borrow some style points from another blogger in the content arena. 









No comments:

Post a Comment